Hillingdon Battalion

The Hillingdon Battalion was formed from companies of the West Middlesex and North-West Middlesex Battalions, as part of a London District reorganisation in 1965, following local government changes. The Hillingdon Battalion was closed in 1997, with the active Companies merging with the Ealing Battalion, the Hounslow and Richmond Battalion, the Kensington and Chelsea Battalion and the Wembley and Harrow Battalion to create the West London Battalion

The following Companies were members of the Hillingdon Battalion:

CompanyChurchPrevious BattalionOperation
1st Harefield CoyHarefield Methodist ChurchNorth-West Middlesex1924 – 1938
1950 – 1986
1st Hillingdon CoyNorth Hillingdon Methodist ChurchNorth-West Middlesex1934 – 1950
1951 – current*
 
1st Yiewsley CoyYiewsley Baptist ChurchNorth-West Middlesex1936 – 1950
1959 – current*
 
1st Ruislip CoyRuislip Baptist ChurchNorth-West Middlesex1943 – 1972
3rd Hillingdon CoyGrange Park Baptist Church, HayesWest Middlesex1946 – 1985
(Initially 1st West Middlesex Coy)
4th Hillingdon CoyHayes End Methodist ChurchWest Middlesex1946 – current*
(Initially 2nd West Middlesex Coy)
1st (Pinner and) Northwood Coy(Love Lane Methodist Church, Pinner)North-West Middlesex1946  – 1978
(Initially 1st Pinner Coy)Northwood Primitive Methodist Church
 Northwood Methodist Church
6th Hillingdon CoyHayes Methodist ChurchWest Middlesex1947 – c1986
(Initially ?th West Middlesex Coy)
1st Uxbridge CoyCentral Hall Methodist Church, UxbridgeNorth-West Middlesex1952 – current*
Christ Church Methodist & United Reformed Church
1st Sipson CoySipson Baptist ChurchNorth-West Middlesexc1902 – 1945
1952 – 1986
2nd Ruislip CoySouth Ruislip Methodist Church 1968 – current*

Media Files

Share This

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin