1949 – Felden Lodge opening
On Saturday, 22nd October, 1949, the official opening of Felden Lodge by His Royal Highness, the Duke of Gloucester, K.G. took place. After an inspection of the Guard of Honour, the opening service commenced with the singing of the hymn “Now thank we all our God”.
The house was formally handed over to the Boys’ Brigade by C. H. Torrance, the Deputy High Commissioner of the Union of South Africa, before the Duke of Gloucester declared the house ‘open’. A buffet tea was served in the marquee and the house was open for inspection with support from guides. Music throughout the afternoon was provided by the bands of the 6th and 41st London Companies.