The first property of significance which The Boys’ Brigade owned was Bolobo, a house in the north of London, initially used by the Boys’ Life Brigade as a training centre, and later The Boys’ Brigade following the union in 1926. This was sold in the early 1930’s and shortly after this Balrossie was purchased as a training centre in Scotland. This was followed shortly by the purchase of Carronvale House in 1946 and Felden Lodge in 1948.
Brigade Headquarters, based in Abbey House London found they were faced with having to relocate as Abbey house was due for reconstruction in the early 1960s. This forced The Boys’ Brigade to seek alternative accommodation, and following a concerted fund raising effort a purpose built joint headquarters for the Boys’ Brigade and Girls Brigade was built in Parsons Green London, which was opened in 1966.